FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY
Being sustainable for us is not an abstract concept, but a daily behaviour. We decided to reduce our environmental impact and to embark on a new journey which will lead us towards a sustainable business model. We are choosing every day to work responsibly, creating accessories with a positive impact on the world.
Ethics, respect, excellence are the pillars of our company philosophy, where with transparency and honesty we want to guarantee not just impeccable services and products, but also relationships based on reciprocal trust. Observing ethical business behaviour, means also for us promoting respect, justice and cooperation between us and all stakeholders in order to reach common objectives.
Atlantis is made of people aware of the climate crisis and willing to find new solutions and be more sustainable. For more than 20 years, we have been working to satisfy our customers' needs. Now we feel the need to find new solutions, reduce our environmental impact and challenge ourselves to have a positive impact on the world.
Producing and distributing millions of products every year, we felt the need to conduct our business in a more economical, social and environmental way by embarking on a new journey of sustainability and setting process of improvement towards a sustainable business model with big goals and ambitions for the future.
Atlantis reflects the true “Italian spirit” with its creativity, service, and constant innovation. We wanted to add also sustainability. Each year we distribute millions of products throughout the world, for this reason we want to commit ourselves to the challenge of contributing positively to the future of our planet by embarking on a new journey of sustainability which will involve everyone collaborating with us. We have therefore decided to begin a process of improvement towards a sustainable business model, through a strategy aimed at quantifying our present environmental and social footprint and setting concrete objectives to improve it. This first Atlantis Sustainability project, started in 2017, was based on a research project coordinated by the Ca' Foscari Foundation. The project continued and was improved by our collaboration with SGS Italia S.p.a. in 2018 which intends to define a Strategic Sustainability Plan and concrete actions in the short-medium-long term. Our goal is to increasingly integrate environmental and social aspects into our way of working.
It's very important to us having an open, transparent and honest dialogue with our stakeholders. We want to grow long and profitable relationships based on trust, promote mutual improvement and keep creating value for all the people collaborating and working with us.
Our goal is to continue to create value in respect of all stakeholders. We want to encourage lasting and sustainable economic growth as well as decent work, through the commitments expressed in the Company's Code of Ethics. In Atlantis we consider ourselves a team and encourage the empowerment of workers and their know-how, as well as taking care of the comfort of the working environments by equipping them with relax and fitness areas. We have introduced energy saving and paper use policies. We strongly believe in the synergy between businesses and communities and we want to continue promoting value, support and collaboration, especially with young people. Being a customer-oriented company, we want to manage relationships with loyalty, fairness and professionalism, encouraging continuous collaborations and solid and lasting relationships of trust. Finally, as regards suppliers, we want to make their choice according to environmental criteria, monitoring and raising awareness of the Supply Chain on the issues of workers' rights and working conditions.
- Updating of the Company Code of Ethics with reputational and whistleblowing issues.
- Development of a structured stakeholder engagement plan.
- Incentive for youth employment
- Greater awareness of Suppliers about the ethical and social benefits incorporated in a new, more complete and binding Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Renewal of data collection and Supplier Audit for more serious verification of compliance with the Atlantis guidelines.
- Promotion of mutual improvement and predilection, by Atlantis, of partnerships with Suppliers with a high classification of positive conduct (objective to be achieved for all suppliers).
- Extension of data collection and customer satisfaction indexes, with particular attention to ethical, social and environmental matters in order to promote mutual improvement.
Transports have a really big global impact on the environment and for our business became even more crucial to try to find more sustainable companies, improve the efficiency of the transports and reduce the emissions.
Moving millions of products across the world, the impact of transportation is a crucial topic for us. One of our wishes is to use part of sea transport with sustainable companies (members of the Clean Cargo ™ Working Group, an initiative dedicated to reducing the environmental impacts of global freight transport and promoting responsible shipping) and continue to improve efficiency of transports.
- 80% increase in the operations of shipments by sea with sustainable companies that aim to reduce CO2 emissions by a further 18% by 2020 (already reduced by 43% compared to 2007).
- Optimization of sea transport thanks to the implementation of the calculation of the goods requirement which allows, since the placing of the order, to plan the production of the Atlantis goods and schedule their departure for Full Containers, aiming to reduce the departure on LCL (Less than Container Load) by 40%.
- Measurement of emissions related to the distribution of finished products.
In Atlantis we are trying to make our products more and more sustainable by introducing environmentally friendly materials, processes and technologies. Raising awareness of the product supply chain is one of our priorities making the products traceable and the customers more conscious and informed.
In our collections, we have already introduced products in Organic Cotton and Recycled Polyester. We use the Oeko-Tex standard for the certification of our fabrics and we do not use materials of animal origin. Continuing to raise awareness of the product supply chain is one of our priorities in order to pursue practices to reduce environmental impacts (also by stimulating the choice of environmental certifications) through the use of the Sedex Platform (online database capable of helping companies to identify, manage and mitigate ethical risks in its supply chain).
- Measurement of emissions related to the distribution of finished products.
- Product supply chain: identification of a platform or system for monitoring the main environmental impacts due to production.
- Preference for imports by sea over air, in order to reduce CO2 emissions, and making customers aware of this issue.
We believe that traceability can help our customers to buy more consciously, by enclosing in the product information such as: batch number, place of origin and destination of the product. For this reason, we have equipped the Atlantis products with a traceability system: by reading the QRCODE on the internal label of our accessories, you have access to all information relating to the travel of the product, from the production order to delivery. We are also constantly researching and developing innovative products for technologies and materials. We want to push research and development in a circular economy perspective (in partnership with Laboratorio Ritex), linking it to the sustainability needs expressed by the market.
- Implementation by 31/12/2019 of at least one method to contribute to the compensation of the emissions generated, directly and / or indirectly, by choosing partners who offer services aimed at this objective.
- Research and development on recycling and recyclability of packaging materials.
- Extension of traceability also to customized and Private Label products.
Learn more about our journey towards sustainability and how we are taking steps to reduce our footprint across our business